The Orford Arts Centre's mission is to promote excellence, discipline, humility, commitment, openness and respect, and it is with these criteria that our team and students motivate their success.
At the time of its creation in 1951, the OAC’s founders established five objectives as part of its mission:
1) to promote musical culture among young Canadians
2) to promote cultural development among young Canadians
3) to help young artists pursue their musical career
4) to help young Canadian musicians pursue their musical career
5) to propagate and disseminate the works of Canadian composers
For nearly 59 years, the Orford Arts Centre has diligently continued to make its mark, both at home and abroad, in the domains of music and the visual arts. Every year, internationally renowned artists and students poised to being a career as a professional musician, as well as festivalgoers from around the world, revitalize our community and region.
In June 2009, the Minister of Culture, Communications and the Status of Women, Christine St-Pierre, announced an agreement in principle to the amount of $6.85M for a major project that will modernize the Orford Arts Centre’s infrastructure and ensure the sustainability of its mission to offer high-quality education and be a presenter of the performing arts. The project will cost a total of $10M and, upon completion, will enable the Orford Arts Centre to enhance its public appeal and go head-to-head with intensifying competition.
It is due to the support of its faithful and generous donors that the Orford Arts Centre has, for nearly 60 years now, carved a place of preference for itself and maintained its reputation for excellence.
There are many ways you can help our organization continue and meet the various challenges we face head on.
Your financial support can take various forms:
• by supporting the “Sponsor a Student” campaign
• by a cash donation
• by a donation of shares or securities
• by a planned gift
• by an In Memoriam donation
• by a corporate donation
• by sponsoring a professional concert or the Orford Academy student concert series
• by sponsoring our Young Audiences Program
• by contributing to, or participating in, our special events
• by becoming a volunteer
Since the Orford Arts Centre is a recognized charity, we can issue tax receipts for all donations.
We invite you to visit the Support Us section and take the time to explore all the options available to you.
It would be our pleasure to advise you in the various ways you can contribute. We recommend that you check the tax implications with your financial advisor.
You can also visit the websites of Revenu Québec and the Canada Revenue Agency for information about making donations.
We thank you for helping the Orford Arts Centre.